Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Black Widow

See,
The spider doesn’t
Fall far from the web,
Like the apple
And the tree,
Or peach,
Tomato,
Person…

Dad’s got the bite.

Brother
With spider web arms
Can’t catch a single fly.

Well, this morning I woke
Eight-legged spine limbs,
Black rose stem arachnid.

Latrodectus spine crawl
Carried me to the bathroom sink,
And I’ve never been so fearful
Of running water and sink drains;
They’re quick to swallow, you know.
The mirror taunts Black Widow chants
Telling me I’m different now
With my red hourglass back tattoo
Counting me down.

The phone rings interruption
And I’m not even sure where my ears are,
And Doctor White-Coat said I had poisons
That I probably wouldn’t have
Had beetles not gotten busy.

Well he gets fucked,
But I’m sure he’s never been fang-fucked,
Because he’s still living and lining up
With all the other busy bustling beetles
Who won’t admire my web.

I’m a real weaver,
And I don’t mean
Charlotte shitting web shows
For Wilbur.

I mean I can weave.

I can’t control
The wanderers wandering
Weathered into my web.

I can make them bleed
And turn them liquid maggot milk,
But they don’t love.

So bolted bound beetle head
Peeking under cotton web-wires
Can’t have a heart for a spider,
But I have plenty stomach
For wriggling captives,
So I say,

“It’s a real fang fuck-fest.”

No comments:

Post a Comment