Friday, June 1, 2012

Electric Arm Wrestling


Electric arm wrestling
Breaks the sky
Like muscles contracting
And cracking,
And kills it.

Rumbling discontent of
Stretching horizons
Echoes the groans I find
Exhaling over animal teeth
I never noticed before.

I just might be foaming
At the mouth.

Is that cotton cumulonimbus
At the corners?

All strive to be separate.
Even the deer run
When you come close,
And the spider knows
The brush of the broom.

But the rain wets us all.

I’m soaked like the black dog
Lying pools in the driveway,
And I need more fur.

I am dressing in animal,
Like the animals dress in their animals,
Like the raccoons put on raccoon suits,
And the used up man next door
Puts his mouth in, all gum and few teeth,
Because animals rot, you know.

We all will,
But for now,
I’d rather see
Mildewed dog paws.

They were hands once.

No comments:

Post a Comment